Words From: rupi kaur’s “the sun and her flowers”
representation; is vital; otherwise the butterfly; surrounded by a group of moths; unable to see itself; will keep trying to become the moth. -representation
It’s time to mark your calendars as the Tippie College of Business at the University of Iowa presents our 8th Annual Black in Business Series Networking Dinner. We STRONGLY ENCOURAGE you to make arrangements and Save-the-Date for Saturday, February 24th, 2024 for a night of empowerment for all who attend.
Networking Dinners are held each February in celebration of Black History Month. All majors and interests are welcome at this special event, including business, engineering, entrepreneurship, the arts, media, journalism, sports, education, non-profit, and more.
This event is invitation and RSVP only! Please direct inquires to Tevin Robbins if you like to be emailed an official RSVP link. Attendees get a fun/professional networking event with a chance to dress up and meet other students, staff/faculty, and industry professionals from a variety of fields and companies from across the country. There will be amazing speakers and FREE professionally catered dinner, appetizers, and mocktails (w/ Bartender). Students get to be seated at tables with industry professionals while dining together, formal and informal networking, and keynote speakers including the Co-Founder of Humanize My Hoodie, the new President of Wieden + Kennedy Portland, and recent Tippie/UI Alumni(s).
- Date & Time: Saturday, February 24th, 2024
- Doors Open at 5:15pm
- Concludes 9:00pm
- **Additional Itinerary details below
- Venue: International (2nd Floor) Ballroom, Iowa Memorial Union, Iowa City, IA
You will want to RSVP right away to ensure a spot before all seats are gone! This event has BEEN AT CAPACITY EVERY YEAR (in other words…sold out). There will be a waitlist once the event is at capacity. You can find additional information below:
Industry Professionals attending this year’s event included:
- Jason White – President at Wieden + Kennedy Portland
- Andre’ Wright – Business Developer / Creative Director at Wright House of Fashion and Humanize My Hoodie Movement
- Kimmi Chex (Kimberly Chexnayder White) – On-Air Personality & Host at National Football League / NFL Total Access
- Reginald L. Harris – Partner (Attorney) at Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner LLP
- Taylar Smith – Digital Sales Representative at IBM
- Adrianne Kelly – Director of Human Resources at Dicks Sporting Goods
- Dr. Hayley Harvey – Director of Dental Education at Broadlawns Medical Center
- Sire Abram – CEO at Vantage Education and Venture Capitalist
And many more….
Our programming/events are free and open to all students at Iowa because all fields of study can tie back to business. The Black in Business Series strive to represent all industries. Our goals for student attendees are for you to:
- See representation and network Black professionals across industries.
- Discover mentorship from business leaders in their fields that interest.
- Explore potential career/internship opportunities.
**Tentative Itinerary for 8th Annual Networking Dinner:
5:15pm – Doors and Check-in Opens
5:30pm — Networking Mocktail Hour Reception (Hors D ’Oeuvres served)
w/ Guided Networking for Students who are new to this type of function
6:30pm – Welcome from Tippie College of Business and Black in Business Team
6:45pm – Opening Guest Speaker
7:05pm – Dinner Served
7:30pm — 2nd Speaker Remarks
7:50pm – Words from Recent Alums
8:10pm — Closing Thanks
8:15pm — Networking Resumes until 9pm
We hope to see you at the 8th Annual Black in Business Networking Dinner on February 24th. For questions, please email Tevin Robbins at firstname.lastname@example.org.