Women of Tippie: Empower, connect, and learn: Participate in the 2023 National Women’s Case Competition, hosted by The University of Texas at Austin McCombs School of Business. Did you know that nationwide while 50% of business students are women, they make up only 29% of case competition contestants? This event is an opportunity for women to display their creativity, strategic thinking, and confidence while solving a business challenge.
How to get selected for the competition team:
Apply to be on the first Tippie team to compete in this case competition! Tippie will be sending a team of 4 undergraduate BBA women (trans and non-binary students are welcome). Prior completion or current enrollment in BUS 3000 (BCaP) preferred. Professor Beth A. Livingston, Faculty Director, Kathleen Dore – Henry B. Tippie Women’s Leadership Program will serve as the team advisor. Professor Livingston, Frank Business Communication Center directors, and Undergraduate Program Office staff will select the team.
- Feb. 13 (M): Apply via email, include a short paragraph stating why you’d like to participate, and attach your resume. Send email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feb. 20 (M): Team selection made
- Apr. 6 (Th): case released via email
- Apr. 6 – 12: intensive case preparation [please note that Easter is April 9]
- Apr 13 (Th) – Apr 15 (Sat): competition held in Austin, Texas
Students who compete in the competition will:
- Have meals, lodging, and travel expenses paid for by Tippie
- Prepare competition material and practice presenting with Professor Beth A. Livingston and Frank Center staff
- Find opportunities to engage with corporate partners and recruiters to make career connections and network with other talented students from across the country
- Compete in a case competition with over 40 universities to win $3,000 – $1,000 as a team in cash prizes
Tippie teams do well in national case competitions (2nd place in Eller Ethics competition last fall), and we’re excited to put together a team to compete in this one!
For more information about the application process, contact: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org