Listed below are publications and working papers about the relationship between education and health. The links for the published papers will direct you to the published abstracts on the journals’ websites and the full-text is available with a subscription (institutional or personal) to the journal. The working papers are the versions of the paper prior to publication and are freely accessible by clicking on the link to the paper.
- “The Long Run Health Returns to College Quality” (with J. Fletcher), Review of Economics of the Household, 2014, 12(2), 295-325.
- “The Effect of School Quality on Black-White Health Differences: Evidence from Southern Segregated Schools,” (with E. Golberstein), Demography, 2013, 50(6), 1989-2012.
- WP Version: Emory University Working Paper 10-13.
- “School Quality and the Education-Health Relationship: Evidence from Blacks in Segregated Schools” (with E. Golberstein), Journal of Health Economics, 2011, 30(6), 1232-1245.
- “College Quality and Young Adult Health Behaviors” (with J. Fletcher), Economics of Education Review, 2011, 30(5), 826-837.
- WP Version: Emory University Working Paper 10-07.
- “Higher Education and Health Investments: Does More Schooling Affect Preventive Health Care Use?” (with J. Fletcher), Journal of Human Capital, 2009, 3(2), 144-176.
- WP Version: Emory University Working Paper 08-13.