Listed below are publications and working papers about Food Assistance Programs:
- School Breakfast Program
The links for the published papers will direct you to the published abstracts on the journals’ websites and the full-text is available with a subscription (institutional or personal) to the journal. The working papers are the versions of the paper prior to publication and are freely accessible by clicking on the link to the paper.
- “Do Targeted Vouchers Instill Habits? Evidence from WIC,” (with E. Leslie and J. Price), Contemporary Economic Policy, 2020, 38(1), 67-80.
- “The Contribution of the School Environment to the Overall Food Environment Experienced by Children,” (with J. Price), Southern Economic Journal, 2019, 86(1), 106-123.
- “The Relationship between the School Breakfast Program and Food Insecurity,” (with J. Fletcher), Journal of Consumer Affairs, 2017, 51(3), 481-500.
- Journal of Consumer Affairs Best Paper Award in 2018
- “Nutrition and Cognitive Achievement: An Evaluation of the School Breakfast Program,” Journal of Public Economics, 2015, 124, 91-104.
- Working paper: SBP_20141216
- Appendix tables: SBP_appendix_20141027
- UC Davis Center for Poverty Research Policy Brief.