Remember the University Counseling Service and Tippie’s embedded therapist (Kristin) are here to support you in a variety of ways!
- There are numerous Zoom support groups you can attend without RSVP-ing. Many of these groups are centered around shared experiences, such as ADHD, being an international student, experiencing grief, being a student of color at Iowa, being a parent or caregiver, experiencing chronic health conditions, or desiring change in one’s alcohol or drug use.
- Have a question for Kristin or interested in getting some resources? Drop by during her Let’s Talk, Hawks! hour on Wednesdays from 4-5pm CST (here’s the link to join). She can help with problem-solving, share campus and community resources, or answer questions you have about counseling and UCS.
- The UCS offers weekly programming to help you develop coping skills. These include:
- Brave (cultivate a braver mind to increase psychological strength),
- Mindfulness Matters (practice mindfulness to increase stress management and overall well-being),
- Soothe Your Anxiety (better understand anxiety and develop coping tools),
- Anxiety Toolbox (3-week skills-based workshop to manage anxiety), and
- Getting Unstuck (3-week skills-based workshop to manage symptoms of depression).
- If your experiences and/or mental health concerns are making it difficult for you to do the things you want to be doing, you can contact Kristin directly to schedule a consultation appointment (firstname.lastname@example.org). You can also schedule an appointment with Kristin or the general UCS staff by calling 319.335.7294 between 8am-5pm CST, Monday through Friday.