The Fall Student Employment Job Fair (August 28, 2019) from 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM in the IMU Main Lounge! This year, we anticipate 20 or more employers in attendance, with a number of them interviewing that day in the IMU.
Some final reminders before the fair:
* Bring your work availability schedule. Be aware not only your class schedule but any other class-related or volunteer obligations so that you know when you are available to work.
* Come dressed as you are – if you have something a little nicer to wear that day that’s always great to make the best first impression.
* Be prepared to complete a job application or provide a resume to employers. Bring contact information for references. Pomerantz Career Center staff will be available for resume help. If you are applying for Work-Study jobs, bring your Work-Study Verification from MyUI. You must be able to verify employment eligibility within three days of employment. A list of acceptable verification documents can be viewed at hr.uiowa.edu/immigration/i-9-information. Staff from the Office of Financial Aid will be available at the Fair to answer questions you may have.
* Research the employers and job opportunities before the Job Fair. Review the list of registered employers at https://careers.uiowa.edu/student-employment-job-fair
* Be aware of the Student Job Fair hours of 11a.m.-3p.m. If you have class during that time period and can’t attend, be sure to check out jobs on Handshake. If you need contact information for an employer, contact Student Employment staff at 319-335-1023 or PCC-Student-Employ@uiowa.edu and we’ll help you.