We at the Pomerantz Career Center are sending you a BIG REMINDER that we are here to help!
Check out these services available to you at our Career Center and get started on planning your future career!
Need a job?
Create or Update Your Handshake Profile
Handshake is a FREE job and internship recruitment online platform used by thousands of employers to hire Hawkeyes like you!
Upload your resume, share your profile and documents with employers, register internships, sign up for mock (practice) interviews – create customized searches for on-campus/student employment jobs, internships and full-time jobs and apply directly through the system!
Schedule an appointment with our Career Coaches and Peer Advisors
Whether you are brand new to navigating the in-person experience or you’re nearing the end of your college journey – it’s never too early (or too late) to schedule an appointment with a Career Coach at our center!
A career coach partners with you to explore interests, skills, strengths and values to discover what you may want to do after graduation. They will help develop a plan to help you get there. Coaches want to empower you throughout this process, focusing on action steps and results.
- Best for resume, cover letter or LinkedIn profile reviews and help getting started, assistance with Handshake, Big Interview & tips on using our services.
- Location: Drop in hours M-F 10:00 AM – 2:00PM while classes are in session at C310 Pomerantz Center.
- Zoom appointments are also available via MyUI.
- Best for 30 minute discussions about major and career decision-making, internships/gaining experience, job search, applying to graduate school and more.
- Appointments are scheduled according to your self-selected Career Community
- Available to current undergraduates (all majors) and alumni within 18 months of their bachelor’s degree.
- Masters students in Accounting, Actuarial Science and Computer Science – Call the Pomerantz Career Center at 319-335-1023 to schedule career advising appointments. Our office hours are M-F from 8-5.
- Engineering and other graduate majors should see our additional Career Service Offices page.
There’s so much more to explore!
Check out our website, and contact us for help to make sure you get on the right path for the career you want!