If you want to defray the costs of completing an internship at a non-profit or in government this upcoming summer, don’t forget to apply for the Hawkeye Internship Grant. The deadline is approaching this Wednesday, April 14th.
- Student must be a full-time, degree seeking undergraduate student at the UI for at least one semester prior to the experience and enrolled for the semester following the experience**
- Student must have completed at least 75 credits before the start of the internship experience
- Must have a UI GPA of 2.0 or above
- Student must be in good academic and judicial standing (UI code of student life)
- No outstanding tuition or fees
**Exceptions will be made for students participating in a required experience for graduation that has time restrictions (ex. Social Work practicums).
Internship Eligibility Requirements
- Internship is unpaid or paid below minimum wage
- Internship is located in the United States
- Internship is at a non-profit or in government
- 20-40 hours of work per week for 8-12 weeks
- Supervised by a professional in the field
- Internships via programs (ex. The Washington Center) are not eligible
Questions? Contact Jennifer Noyce, Associate Director of Experiential Education, email@example.com.