Tomorrow is the ACTUARIAL SCIENCE, INSURANCE & RISK MANAGEMENT CAREER FAIR, brought to you in-person AND Virtually!
Don’t forget to register in advance on Handshake for In-Person and/or Virtual participation.
Upcoming Career Fairs and Networking Events:
Actuarial Science, Insurance and Risk Management Career Fair:
Thursday, Sept. 9
In-person (2nd Floor Ballroom): 1 – 3 pm / Virtual: 4 – 6 pm
Exploring Careers in Life & Health Sciences:
Tuesday, Sept. 14
Virtual: 1 – 3 pm / In-person (2nd Floor Ballroom): 4 – 6 pm
Business, Communications & Technology Industry Career Fair (Main Lounge, IMU): Thursday, September 23, 12 – 4 pm
Helping, Health & Public Service Industry Career Fair (Second Floor Ballroom, IMU): Thursday, September 23, 12 – 4 pm
MAPLA Law Expo (Main Lounge, IMU): Wednesday, September 29, 11 am – 3 pm
Virtual HB10+ & MwACE Virtual Fair: Tuesday, October 5, time TBD
Virtual ICR (Iowa City/Cedar Rapids) Collegiate Career Fair: Tuesday, October 11 am – 2 pm
Virtual ALL MAJORS FAIR Career Fair: Wednesday, October 6, 12 – 4 pm
Top 5 tips for students on preparing for fairs and networking events:
- Dress in business casual – no need for a full suit, but dress pants/skirt or khaki/twill, and a dress shirt are welcome – no jeans please – it’s important to dress your best even when attending virtual fairs!
- Research companies/organizations ahead of time using Handshake, LinkedIn and company web sites and think of questions you may want to ask.
- Update your resume or create one – drop in to meet with a Peer Advisor to have yours reviewed beforehand!
- Practice interviewing before fairs – sign up for in-person or virtual Mock Interviews on Handshake or use Big Interview – interview software
- Download the Handshake app before the event to favorite companies, see where they are on fair maps and more!
Create or Update Your Handshake Profile TODAY
Handshake is a FREE job and internship recruitment online platform used by thousands of employers to hire Hawkeyes like you!
Upload your resume, share your profile and documents with employers, register internships, sign up for mock (practice) interviews – create customized searches for on-campus/student employment jobs, internships and full-time jobs and apply directly through the system!
Schedule an appointment with our Career Coaches and Peer Advisors
Whether you are brand new to navigating the in-person experience, or you’re nearing the end of your college journey, it’s never too early (or too late) to schedule an appointment with a Career Coach at our center.
There’s so much more to explore!
Check out our website and contact us for help to make sure you get on the right path for the career you want!