International Business in a Time of Disruption: Protectionism, Pandemics, & Political Fragmentation
Join us this summer for a virtual class exploration of Italy to examine the business, social, and political response to the pandemic. What’s it like to take a virtual global class? Check out this video:
|Learn More||Apply Now||Scholarships|
The timeline of the course will follow a virtual trip to Italy. The first virtual stop will “land” in Frankfurt, home of the most important European continental airport as well as the European Central Bank (ECB), to discuss the layout of European economics. A “stopover” in Rome introduces Italian culture and history with a national overview. We move on to the northeastern Italian region of Veneto where we virtually tour local attractions, experience the culture, and talk to companies involved.
As a class, we will look at COVID’s impact on the EU and EuroZone, businesses, and international trade. Ultimately, we settle in with discussions about individual lives and responses.
- Earn 3 s.h. that counts toward FIN:4020 or International and Global Issues for Tippie students, and the International Business Certificate
- Fulfill Tippie RISE
- Learn about Italian culture through hands-on, interactive cultural activities like cooking, painting, language, and live city tours
- Network with alumni, companies, and Italian students
- Program dates: May 17 – June 3
We have multiple scholarships available!
- The Tippie College of Business offers many scholarships for study abroad that you can apply for all on one application. The early deadline for summer programs is March 24. You will have a decision prior to the confirmation due date. If you miss that application for scholarships, you can apply for the April 26 round. There is no need to apply for both rounds.
- Study Abroad offers need-based grants for students who receive federal Financial Aid. The need-based scholarship application deadline for Summer courses is Thursday, April 8. You are encouraged to apply now. For eligibility information and application visit: Study Abroad Need-based Grants
Summer apps now open
Deadline: March 22
What Tippie students are saying:
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org