It’s time to prepare for this fall’s Career Fair happening on September 21 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. for ALL MAJORS.
Close to 170 recruiters will be in attendance and they are looking to hire Hawkeyes for internships and full-time and part-time positions!
Get Ready, Be Prepared
- Update your resume and get help from a peer advisor during drop-in hours M-Th – 10 am-3 pm in C310 Pomerantz Center. (Then bring copies to the Fair.)
- Download the Handshake App or log in on your computer to see which employers are coming and research positions/employers – this will also showcase the employer map at the event.
- Consider signing up for a Mock Interview on Handshake – this is a great way to practice interviewing with employer volunteers.
- To sign up, in Handshake, click on Jobs and search for Mock in search bar.
- Another way to prepare is to use Big Interview, an online practice tool.
- Attend a Prepare for the Fair Session: Do’s Don’ts & Donuts!
Monday Sept. 18, 3:00 – 4:00 pm – C310 Pomerantz Career Center
Tuesday Sept. 19, 3:00 – 4:00 pm – C310 Pomerantz Career CenterThis event allows students to ask questions and get a run-down of what to expect, how to prepare and how to enhance your resume, as well as other tips on connecting with employers while at the fair. And FREE DONUTS, of course. Choose either day to attend, no registration necessary.
- Parking will be busy this day – IMU Ramp and North Ramp might be full – build in extra time for parking.
- Dress business casual. Check out the Clothing Closet if you need some help getting some fresh threads.
- Check-in at Hubbard Commons in Iowa Memorial Union – bring your student ID for quicker check-in process. No need to register in advance!
- Need a quiet space at the fair to print your resume or speak with a staff member for advice? Visit Room 245 outside of the International Ballroom on the second floor to get some assistance, print your resume and get advice from peer advisors!
- Practice your Pitch with real employers in a practice setting outside of the Main Lounge! Stop by the Practice your Pitch area and take a moment to practice before going in.
CLICK HERE FOR OUR GUIDE AND MORE INFO
Contact the Pomerantz Career Center with any questions: 319-335-1023 firstname.lastname@example.org
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa events. If you are a person with a disability and require an accommodation in order to participate in this event, please contact the Pomerantz Career Center, (319) 335-1023.