Name of Position: Vice President of Mentoring
Goal: Connect members with each other and influential women in the business community in order to build professional relationships.
Details of position:
- Partner with the Tippie College of Business External Relations faculty and Women in Business’ network to identify external mentors
- Connect WIB members with an external mentor based on common career interests
- Plan an external mentoring kickoff that allows mentors and mentees to connect by hosting a keynote speaker and providing time to network
- Check in monthly on the mentor/mentee connection in order to ensure there is a positive encouraging relationship.
- Host a mentoring event with professional women in the Iowa City/Cedar Rapids area, typically a Speed Mentoring event where WIB members have the opportunity to meet many business women.