the Fall 2018 application is now closed
Women in Business takes pride in their members and their accomplishments. Over the years, Women in Business has gained a positive reputation throughout the University of Iowa, the surrounding community, and its professional network. To ensure our members are willing to grow and strengthen our positive impact, we will be implementing a membership application starting the 2017-2018 school year moving forward. For members to attend bi-weekly meetings and participate in WIB activities, she/he must complete a membership application and attend one membership meeting, if they were not a member the previous semester (Spring 2018). Once admitted into the organization, the member must fulfill the point requirements to gain full membership.
- Made membership in Spring 2018: Will need to fill out the whole application.
- Have not been in WIB: Will need to fill out whole application, and attend a membership meeting (see Membership Meeting page for details)
- Was in WIB previously, but not in Spring 2018: Will need to fill out the whole application, and attend a membership meeting (see Membership Meeting page for details)
- 2nd semester probation: Please contact the President, email@example.com.
At this time, the Fall 2018 Application is now closed. For any questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How many members will be admitted into Women in Business?
- There is not a cap on the members that WIB will be accepting. The point of the application is not to turn away individuals, but to ensure that the individuals in WIB will commit their time and effort to the organization.
How long is the membership application?
- The membership application includes a demographic portion, 3 short answer questions and 2 “check box” questions, along with acknowledging the membership meeting and paying semester dues. The application should take an average person 15-20 minutes.
What if I cannot make it to a membership meeting?
- If you are unable to make that meeting, please send an email to email@example.com.