If you choose our 100% Virtual VITA process, you will receive fillable forms from us by email. You will use Adobe Reader or a similar pdf reader to complete the forms. After the forms are complete, you will upload your completed forms and related tax documents to our secure OneDrive Drop Box. No in-person contact is necessary.
Step 1. Complete the fillable forms we send you to the best of your ability.
- Two of the pages (page 11 and 13) need your signature. You can opt to use an electronic signature or simply type your name twice.
We can’t use the 100% Virtual method unless you sign those two pages.
Step 2. Gather the tax documents you have received from your employer, bank, etc.
- If you can retrieve these documents in electronic form (for instance a pdf from your employer), do so.
- For documents not available to you in electronic form, convert your paper document to electronic form. This can be a scanned copy or a high quality, readable, photo.
The documents you need may include:
- W-2 forms
- 1099 forms
- 1098 forms
- If you drove for Uber, Lyft, or a similar service: The year end statement of income, fees, and miles driven that the service provided to you
- Any other document labeled “Important tax information”
Step 3. If you have income or expenses for which you did not receive a tax document (for example, bank interest or independent contractor income or expenses), type this information in a Word or text document.
Step 4. If you plan to use direct deposit or direct withdrawal, include your bank name, routing number, and account number in the document you created in Step 3.
Step 5. Upload your completed intake forms, related tax documents, and any supplementary information to our secure drop box. The link for this drop box is in the email you received with your fillable Intake form and check list.
Questions? Contact us by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (319-335-0857).
To sign up to use VITA with the 100% Virtual method, complete the form at the following link: https://bit.ly/UI_VITA_Enroll