Recommendations for Thanksgiving Break Activities

Thanksgiving Break is finally within reach (or maybe it has already started for you)! The week off from classes is a great opportunity to relax, reset, and rejuvenate. While the holiday break might look different this year, there are still plenty of ways to enjoy the much needed time off. We asked students what activities they recommend for a safe and relaxing break.

Thanksgiving Break Recommendations 

Activities: 

• Among Us
  • Scrapbooking
  • Napping
  • Christmas Decorating
  • Cooking, backing holiday treats, eating Thanksgiving leftovers, stuffing my face with food
  • I’m looking forward to going on long walks with my family again like we did in the Spring during lockdown. We like to bundle up and walk and talk for an hour or so after dinner.
  • Working on projects with my dad 

Movies:

• Netflix Christmas movies – new movies to check out include Dolly Parton’s Christmas on the Square, Jingle Jangle: A Christmas Journey, and A New York Christmas Wedding.
  • Marvel and DC movies
  • My Octopus Teacher 

TV: 

• Queen’s Gambit
  • Schitt’s Creek
  • Criminal Minds
  • House of Cards
  • How to Get Away with Murder 
  • Sports – Turkey Bowl football game, wrestling

Books: 

• Sell It Like Serhant is an amazing sales and real estate book!
  • The Hate U Give. I read it this summer and it correlates with some events that occurred earlier this year
  • The Coddling of the American Mind: How Good Intentions and Bad Ideas Are Setting Up a Generation for Failure. A book that changed my life and perspective 

Podcasts: 

• I love the podcast Optimal Living Daily. They have all varying topics like finance, health, and they read off a different blog or book excerpt every day.
  • I highly recommend the “Simply Be.” podcast! It educates on topics like personal branding, business strategies, female empowerment, and spirituality. 
  • Joe Rogan Podcast

McKenzie Fuller

Fuller, McKenzie - Graduate Research Assistant