Tippie made headlines last summer by pioneering a new concept in MBA applications: the application “Tweet” — a 140-character response to an essay question. The 2011 competition, because of it’s summer kickoff, was limited only to domestic applicants.
We’re excited to announce that we’re bringing back the Tweet Scholarship Competition for the 2012 application cycle — and this time, we’re organizing a Tweet essay competition exclusively for international candidates.
The Tippie Full-time MBA program will award one full-tuition award package to the international applicant who most creatively answers an essay question in “Tweet” form — meaning they’re responding in 140 characters or less.
We’re confident our international applicants will come up with clever and creative answers to the following ‘essay’ question: “What makes you an exceptional Tippie Full-time MBA candidate and future MBA hire?“
READ MORE >> Why we incorporate Tweets into our application
Don’t be intimidated by the 140-character limit. You can go beyond the typical Tweet (and we hope you will) by connecting us to other social media such as blogs, video, Facebook, or a web page using shortened URLs.
Learn about why you should consider Tippie for your MBA, and when you’re ready to begin, Get Started below.
Our team is here to walk you through the process, and if you have questions, contact us via email or Tweet us @TippieMBAIowa. I look forward to seeing your application!
Note: Domestic candidates, sit tight. The domestic applicant Tweet Competition will be announced in April!
- Submit your application online before April 1, 2012 to be considered.
- All international applicants who submit or have already submitted a Tweet-style response to the second essay question will be considered for the competition. No separate application is required.
- Applicants will not be admitted to the program based solely on their Application Tweet. Applicants need to meet typical admissions criteria and be admitted to the Tippie MBA before their Tweet-style essays will be evaluated as part of the competition.
- The candidate with the most inventive and creative submission will be awarded a full-tuition award package for Fall 2012. Tippie’s full-tuition award packages consist of a graduate assistantship and scholarship, and are valued at approximately $36,160 (final amount to be determined once 2012 tuition is announced in February).
- The winner will be announced on May 1, 2012 on Facebook and Twitter. The chosen candidate will be notified by phone before the formal announcement is made.
- Submit Tippie’s online application in full.
- For the second essay question, submit your response in 140 characters or less.
- You have the option to Tweet your essay response “live” using your Twitter account. If you choose to do so, your second essay response should be a link to the specific Tweet you wish to submit for the competition.
- If you elect not to Tweet your response “live,” simply enter the text of your submission into the second essay question response field of the online application.
Applicants Who Have Already Submitted Applications
- If you have already submitted an application to Tippie for the 2012 admission cycle (prior to December 1, 2011), but elected not to submit a Tweet-style essay, you can still be considered for the award if you send your Tweet-style essay response to us via email before April 1, 2012. We will add it to your application.
Terms and Conditions:
- Online applications must be submitted online before 11:59pm on April 1, 2012.
- This award is intended for individuals matriculating at the University of Iowa’s Full-time MBA program (Tippie) beginning in Fall 2012. The chosen individual has the option to defer admission to 2013; however, deferring admission to 2013 will nullify the financial award package.
- These terms and conditions are not exhaustive and the Tippie MBA reserves the right to address other contingencies as they occur.
- Lydia Fine, Associate Director, Recruiting and Admissions — 319-335-0892
- Jodi Schafer, Director of Admissions and Financial Aid — 319-335-0864
Connect with us on social media:
- @TippieMBAIowa on Twitter (the competition’s hashtag is #tippietweet)
- On Facebook: www.facebook.com/tippiemba
Originally posted 11/29/2011; updated 3/22/2012.