The Department of Finance and the CFA Society of Iowa invites all graduate and undergraduate students to attend the inaugural Finance Boot Camp series.
Finance Boot Camp:
Investment Research and Management of Fixed Income Portfolios
Wednesday, October 1, 2014
12:30 – 5:30 p.m. Academic Sessions (S401 and W401 PBB)
5:30 – 6:30 p.m. Networking Reception (W401 PBB)
Register by Sept. 26: http://tippie.uiowa.edu/fulltimemba/calendar/register.cfm?eid=9894
The Finance Boot Camp is a multi-session, interactive event which brings finance and investment professionals to campus with the goal of extending traditional classroom education. The theme for this semester’s Boot Camp is investment research and portfolio management within the context of fixed income securities. Each speaker will focus on a specific topic related to his or her role in the investment management process, with a strong emphasis on practical applications and real-world examples. Students are encouraged to actively participate and engage during each sessions’ question and answer period.
- Ross Junge, CFA, Associate Wealth Management Advisor, McGill Junge Financial
- Calvin W. Norris, CFA, Director of Liquid Markets, AEGON USA Investment Management, LLC
- Jonathan Perez, CFA, Senior Fixed Income Analyst, Principal Global Investors
- Bert Zimmerman, CFA, Principal Global Investors
Planned Session Topics:
- Analysis of the current market environment: the bull case and the bear case
- Accounting Forensics: financial statement analysis and the investment research process
- Company and Industry Research Case Study: Target Corp.
- Portfolio Management: managing the risk, return, and cash flows of a fixed income portfolio
The event will feature four academic sessions of 50 minutes each. Participants are strongly encouraged to attend all sessions.
- 12:30-1:20 Session #1
- 1:30-2:20 Session #2
- 2:30-3:20 Session #3
- 3:30-4:20 Session #4
- 4:30-5:20 Investment and Finance Career Panel Discussion (W401)
- 5:30-6:30 Reception with speakers and professionals (W401, food will be served)
We hope that you will join us for this great opportunity. Please register online prior to Sept. 26. Dress is business casual. Questions may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.