- Our Purpose
- Provide a forum to facilitate the development of entrepreneurial innovation and creativity through the exchange of ideas, experiences and knowledge across all academic disciplines at The University of Iowa. We further believe that members gain value by engaging in activities that foster community and civic engagement and promote the entrepreneurial spirit.
- Promoting Entrepreneurship
- Through networking, guest speakers, and workshops we work to promote entrepreneurship learning and activity. We are also operating a business within the club which is currently selling fleeces but is expected to soon expand to other apparel.
- Enactus (formerly SIFE)
- Enactus brings together a diverse network of university students, academic professionals and industry leaders around the shared mission of creating a better, more sustainable world through the positive power of business. By contributing their talents to projects that improve the lives of people worldwide, Enactus participants are demonstrating that individuals with a knowledge and passion for business can be a powerful force for change. We are working on three major projects this year:
- Cambell’s Lets Can Hunger
A project we are working on through Enactus, our goal is to raise the donation of 5,000 pounds(!) of cans by April through various initiatives that we will be donating to the Johnson County Crisis Center, as well as promoting sustainability through teaching vital job skills to those in need.
- Lowe’s BELL Improvement
Another Enactus project, we are working to make the Bedell Entrepreneurship Lab more sustainable in order to help it better suit the needs of the many up-start businesses in the upstairs of the BELL, as well as our own organization.
- 9th Annual Charity Golf Tournament (Check out our Golf Tourney Page!!)
We will be sponsored by many local and national businesses as we run our 9th Annual Charity Golf Tournament, with the proceeds going towards the pressing needs of the Johnson County Crisis Center.