- PhD in Accounting, The University of Texas at Austin, 2002
- MA in Economics, Rutgers-The State University of New Jersey, 1997
- BS in Economics, Zhongshan University, 1994
- Financial accounting and reporting
- Equity valuation
- Stock-based compensation
- American Accounting Association Competitive Manuscript Award, 2003
- McGladrey Research Fellow, 2003 - 2004
- University of Iowa Old Gold Fellowship
- Market Reaction to Multiple Contemporaneous Earnings Signals: Earnings Announcements and Future Earnings Guidance (with R. Atiase, S. Supattarakul and S. Tse), Review of Accounting Studies, Vol. 10, December 2005, 497-525.
- Market Reaction to Events Surrounding the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 and Earnings Management (with M. Pincus and S. Rego), Journal of Law and Economics, forthcoming 2008.
Work in Progress
- Corporate Governance and Backdating of Executive Stock Options (with D. Collins and G. Gong).
- The Earnings Forecast Accuracy, Valuation Model Use, and Price Target Performance of Sell-Side Equity Analysts (with C. Gleason and W. B. Johnson).
- Can Supplementary Disclosures Eliminate Post-Earnings-Announcement Drift? The Case of Management Earnings Guidance (with S. Tse).
- Can Firm-Specific Models Predict Price Responses to Earnings News? (with R. Freeman and A. Koch).
- Equity Incentives for Outside Directors and Earnings Management (with G. Gong).
- Residual Income Valuation Model with Stock-Based Compensation: Theory and Evidence.
- The Effect of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act on the Timing Manipulation of CEO Stock Option Awards (with D. Collins and G. Gong).
- American Accounting Association
Top of Page
- Accounting Department Ph.D. Committee , 2003-2007