Course: Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Place of origin: Marion, Iowa and Bonita Springs, Florida by way of Mississippi
Home University: University of Mississippi
Academic Teaching Area: Entrepreneurial Marketing
About you: Began teaching at Iowa following a 36 year career in sales and marketing, primarily in the media. Retired in 2007 as Executive Vice President of Frank N. Magid Associates, the worlds oldest and largest media research and consulting firm.
Interesting fact about yourself: Have caddied professionally. Caddied for 2007 Masters Champion and the 2008 Players Champion.
What are you teaching/have you taught at CIMBA: New Venture Evaluation
How many years have you taught for CIMBA: This spring will be my second year
The CIMBA Experience: One of the best personal experiences of my life and certainly the highlight of my short teaching career.
What sets CIMBA apart from traditional MBA programs: The international experience coupled with the year-long team buiding approach to each class sets it apart from other programs.
Favorite thing to do while in Italy: Eating-what else!!!!!!
- Louisiana State University, 1976
- BA, University of Mississippi, 1970
- Executive Vice President, Frank N. Magid Associates, Inc., 1983 – 2006
- Vice President/General Manager, WXVT, Greenville, MS, 1981 – 1983
- Vice President/General Manager, KAUZ-TV, Wichita Falls, TX, 1979 – 1981
- Vice President, Marketing, Parker Square State Bank, Wichita Falls, TX, 1976 – 1979
- Assistant Vice President, Marketing, First Columbus National Bank, Columbus, MS, 1973 – 1976
- Branch Manager, First Tennessee National Bank, Memphis, TN, 1970 – 1973